Hon. Michael A. Brown
Michael A. Brown utilizes his expertise in international trade, foreign relations, federal and state/local representation and public policy to serve the needs of a wide variety of clients.
Mr. Brown has represented various foreign governments. He has twice been appointed as a member of United States Presidential Delegations to Africa. Currently, Mr. Brown serves as a Board Member of the Constituency for Africa and is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations.
- Mr. Brown is a former columnist for Corporate Corridors Magazine and a frequent speaker on the importance of community, public service and the responsibility of citizens to our country. He also makes frequent guest appearances on Fox News/MSNBC/CNN.
- Mr. Brown authored the article, “Nigeria’s Fresh Start,” Washington Times, June 2, 2007.
Before The Madison Group
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Brown was Managing Partner of Alcalde & Fay. Mr. Brown also worked at Paton Boggs LLP, where his practice focused on banking, education, energy, housing, telecommunications, health care, tax, transportation and water issues. Mr. Brown also worked in those areas at Greenberg Traurig and, before that, on municipal finance issues with Mudge Rose Guthrie Alexander & Ferdon in New York.
Mr. Brown served as National Finance Vice Chairman of the Democratic National Committee from 2000-2004. During the 1992 and 1996 Clinton-Gore and 2000 Gore-Lieberman presidential campaigns, he served as a surrogate speaker representing the candidates in debates, speaking at campaign rallies and addressing general policy matters. He also served as a surrogate speaker for the 2008 Obama-Biden campaign.
After Mr. Brown graduated from law school, he worked as a legislative aid for former Congressman Peter Rodino (D-NJ).
- Constituency for Africa – Board Member
- Council of Foreign Relations – Board Member
- America’s Fund – Co-Founder
- Ronald H. Brown Foundation – Founding Board Member
- Washington Boys and Girls Club – Board Member
- Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments – Board Member
- Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority – Board Member
- Comcast Communication – Former Corporate Advisory Board Member
- Whitman Walker Clinic – Former Corporate Advisory Board Member
- Spark Networks – Former Board Member
- D.C. Boxing & Wrestling Commission – Former Vice-Chair